Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cavity free...

And still 1cm.  But.  My blood pressure is high.  Like really high for me.  Had a non-stress test today for BGB (she's fine) and bloodwork done.  Back to the doctor tomorrow to check the BP and if it's still high (which the doc thinks it most likely will be) we will schedule an induction for... drumroll please.... THIS WEEK.

The reality is that an induction isn't the perfect scenario (although the planner in me is in LOVE with not having to worry about my water breaking at walmart and worrying about where to take Cannon) given the fact that I'm only 1cm and there's a chance that an epidural won't work.  But.  We have to do what's best for me and for BGB.  The good news is that I'm 39 weeks and BGB is and will be fine. 

So, update tomorrow.

The Best part?  So so close.


Aly said...

If there is one perk to having high blood-pressure, it's getting to schedule the delivery! With Jackson I was 2cm & had lost my plug when they induced me for possible pre-eclampsia. With Charlie I was only 1cm and had not lost the plug. I worried that it wouldn't go as smoothly as it did with Jackson b/c of that... but since my blood-pressure was sky high, I didn't have a choice.

And you know, my laboring & delivery with Cha was easier than with Jack... so for me at least, it didn't seem to matter. Here's hoping the same is true for you too!

Lauren Stahl said...

I was 1cm with the girls when they induced me because of my blood pressure. I only labored 5 1/2 hours and she was out with 30 mins of pushing! Can't wait for an update tomorrow. Take care of yourself tonight!

Megan said...

yea-yea-YEA!! (for the chance of meeting her this week, not high b.p. obviously!) :) VERY exciting...we'll have the phones close by tmrw!